Fairchild Family

Fairchild Family

Sunday, October 4, 2009


I am now 26 wks almost 27!! At 25 wks, I went to my monthly appt and also did my glucose tollerance test. Circle of Life has you drink an 8oz glass of OJ and eat a candy bar 45 min prior to your appt, instead of making you drink that glucose drink. Well, I passed my sugar was 123 and it needed to be under 135.

I however was skeptical with the results I received having diet controlled gestational diabetes with Mikayla. My midwife understood my concerns and wrote me a script for test strips and lancents to use with my glucometer. But, I kinda relaxed for a week, and was just eating food that always reminds me of a saying from a childhod comerical, 'A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips', cookies, treats, etc...Well I decided that I should get serious and start checking my sugars, and I am so glad I started. 1 to even 2 hrs after eating sugary sweets my sugars have been as high as high as 167--uh oh!! Luckily I know how to lower my sugars, walking up and down the stairs (20 or more times), squats, pushups, jumping around--any thing to get my muscles to adsorb my blood sugar and tons of water! I have now been checking 4 times a day and avoiding the sugar--no fun, but way easier to take off the weight after the baby arrives. I have been having normal readings after eating good meals. I am going to call my midwife tomorrow and discuss my findings and see what the next step is.

Other than that, I feel great!! I am almost in the 3rd trimester--wow!!! I went through Mikayla's old baby clothes and pulled out all the neutral clothes--wow they are so small!! I thank God everyday for blessing me with this beautiful child that is growing in me!!

1 comment:

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones